Posted on : 05-05-2009 | By : Truckdriversnews | In : truck driver Industry
Swift Transportation Co., Inc., North America’s Best-in-Class transportation solutions provider, set themselves apart from the field of competitors in the transportation industry this week. Swift was recognized by Walmart as their 2008 Truckload Carrier of the Year. Year after year, Walmart and Swift continue to build a mutually beneficial relationship based on trust and credibility. With its Best-in-Class philosophy, the “New Swift” continues to win awards, and their customers, including the retail giant Walmart, are seeing the benefits. Swift is going above and beyond to service their customers and continues to exceed expectations.
The Walmart and Swift relationship has grown exponentially over the past decade. Their mutual success relies on the collective ability to develop and execute win-win solutions throughout North Americ
a. Walmart leverages Swift Transportation’s size, strength and stability to anchor the most complex and efficient supply chain in the world. Some highlights of the relationsh ip are as follows:
- Swift has been a major carrier in the Walmart holiday blitz surge program since early 2002.
- Swift has been one of Walmart’s largest General Merchandise Tra
ffic carriers for seven years.
- Swift has been one of Walmart’s largest Dedicated Grocery Carri
ers for seven years.
- Swift has been one of the largest Private Fleet Dedicated carriers for Walmart for eight years.
- Swift has been a primary surge carrier handling excess loads during peak shipping seasons which include volume increases of up to 400% in high demand markets such as Los Angeles and Southeast Port cities.
The Carrier of the Year award for 2008 was presented at Swift Transportation’s corporate hea
dquarters in Phoenix, AZ. The award was presented by Ken Braunbach - Senior Director, Carrier Relations, Nathan Adams - Senior Manager, Carrier Relations, Brittany Smith - Compliance Manager, Carrier Relations, and Sarai Gomez - Senior Manager, Carrier Relations. Accepting the award on behalf of the entire Swift organization was Jerry Moyes - Founder and CEO, Richard Stocking - President and COO, and Ray Wingfield - VP National Sales.